“This Code is issued to meet the Government’s desire to place more power into citizens’ hands to increase democratic accountability. Transparency gives local people the tools and information they need to hold local public bodies to account.” Source DCLG. To read The Transparency Code click here.
Under The Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities parish councils with a turnover of less than £25,000 are required to publish the following information annually:
- All items of expenditure above £100
- Full end of year accounts
- Annual governance statements
- Internal audit reports
- List of councillor or member responsibilities
- Location of public land and building assets