Commencing Monday 25 June 2018 and ending Friday 3 August 2018, all documents relating to Parish Council accounts will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
Mrs Maureen Robinson, Clerk / Responsible Financial Officer.
News from Balfour Beatty –
C1009 Ongar Street, Wigmore
Thursday, 5 July 2018 and Friday, 6 July 2018
Road closed 09.00 hours to 17.00 hours daily
The next meeting of the Parish Council will take place at Brampton Bryan Parish Hall on Tuesday 17th July at 7.30pm.
BGPC usually meets on the third Tuesday of the month, but it doesn’t meet every month. You are more than welcome to attend meetings. Details will be published in Meetings & Agendas.
What is a Parish Council?
Generally the role of a parish council is to improve the quality of community life for their parish and its inhabitants.
- Give views, on behalf of their community, on planning applications and other proposals that affect the parish.
- Undertake projects and schemes that benefit local residents.
- Work in partnership with other bodies to achieve benefits for the parish.
- Alert relevant authorities to problems that arise or work that needs to be undertaken.
- Help the other tiers of local government keep in touch with their local communities.
Source: Herefordshire Association of Local Councils (HALC)
Powers & Responsibilites from the Herefordshire Council website