COUNCIL TAX UPDATE FROM BORDER GROUP PARISH COUNCIL read more…
Please let us know what you think by contacting the Parish Clerk at email@example.com or posting to Border Group Parish Clerk, Gotherment House, Wigmore, Leominster HR6 9UF
The Budget for 2018/2019 was set at the November meeting click here to download …
The next ordinary meeting will be on Tuesday 20 February 2018, Lingen Village Hall at 7.30pm.
Update on roadworks…BGPC has been advised as follows:
If you need GRIT for the road see the link for Locations of grit bins
BGPC usually meets on the third Tuesday of the month, but it doesn’t meet every month. You are more than welcome to attend meetings. Details will be published in Meetings & Agendas.
What is a Parish Council?
Generally the role of a parish council is to improve the quality of community life for their parish and its inhabitants.
- Give views, on behalf of their community, on planning applications and other proposals that affect the parish.
- Undertake projects and schemes that benefit local residents.
- Work in partnership with other bodies to achieve benefits for the parish.
- Alert relevant authorities to problems that arise or work that needs to be undertaken.
- Help the other tiers of local government keep in touch with their local communities.
Source: Herefordshire Association of Local Councils (HALC)
Powers & Responsibilites from the Herefordshire Council website