Commencing Monday 25 June 2018 and ending Friday 3 August 2018, all documents relating to Parish Council accounts will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
Mrs Maureen Robinson, Clerk / Responsible Financial Officer.
News from Balfour Beatty –
Please be advised that these jobs will only go ahead subject to approval of a new £1.25 million Pothole fund being approved by Herefordshire Council:-
C1009 – Ongar Street, Wigmore Patching/part resurfacing works
Tuesday, 26 June 2018 and Wednesday, 27 June 2018
Road closed 09.00 hours to 17.00 hours each day
The Annual meeting of the Parish Council will take place at Lingen Village Hall on Tuesday 15th May at 7.00pm incorporating the monthly meeting.
BGPC usually meets on the third Tuesday of the month, but it doesn’t meet every month. You are more than welcome to attend meetings. Details will be published in Meetings & Agendas.
What is a Parish Council?
Generally the role of a parish council is to improve the quality of community life for their parish and its inhabitants.
- Give views, on behalf of their community, on planning applications and other proposals that affect the parish.
- Undertake projects and schemes that benefit local residents.
- Work in partnership with other bodies to achieve benefits for the parish.
- Alert relevant authorities to problems that arise or work that needs to be undertaken.
- Help the other tiers of local government keep in touch with their local communities.
Source: Herefordshire Association of Local Councils (HALC)
Powers & Responsibilites from the Herefordshire Council website