Welcome to the Border Group Parish Council website.
Please explore the site to find out news, local events and statutory information from your Parish Council.
BGPC usually meets on the third Tuesday of the month, but it doesn’t meet every month. You are more than welcome to attend meetings. Details will be published in Meetings & Agendas.
The next meeting of the Parish Council will take place at Adforton Village Hall on Tuesday 26th February 2019 at 7.30pm.
Border Group Parish Council wishes to acknowledge the support and commitment from the Steering group and many Parishioners whose efforts saw the Plan to fruition. In particular we would like to thank Tony Swainson as Secretary and Bill Bloxsome from Data Orchard (planning consultants). Thank you to everyone for your contributions.
The result of the referendum was positive meaning the Plan will now be taken into account when deciding future planning applications – please click on this link to see the result of the Poll
Notice of Poll – click on the link ( left) for more information
Financial Year ending March 18
What is a Parish Council?
Generally the role of a parish council is to improve the quality of community life for their parish and its inhabitants.
- Give views, on behalf of their community, on planning applications and other proposals that affect the parish.
- Undertake projects and schemes that benefit local residents.
- Work in partnership with other bodies to achieve benefits for the parish.
- Alert relevant authorities to problems that arise or work that needs to be undertaken.
- Help the other tiers of local government keep in touch with their local communities.
Source: Herefordshire Association of Local Councils (HALC)
Powers & Responsibilites from the Herefordshire Council websit