Welcome to the Border Group Parish Council website.
Please explore the site to find out news, local events and statutory information from your Parish Council.
BGPC usually meets on the third Tuesday of the month, but it doesn’t meet every month. You are more than welcome to attend meetings. Details will be published in Meetings & Agendas.
The next meeting of the Parish Council will take place at Lingen Village Hall on Tuesday 15th January 2019 at 7.30pm. Please note there is NO Parish Council meeting in December
Notice of Poll – click on the link ( left) for more information
A Referendum on the Plan will be held on 20th December. Please click on the link to the Neighbourhood Plan and the link to more information about this important step which will decide if the Plan is adopted or not.
Financial Year ending March 18
What is a Parish Council?
Generally the role of a parish council is to improve the quality of community life for their parish and its inhabitants.
- Give views, on behalf of their community, on planning applications and other proposals that affect the parish.
- Undertake projects and schemes that benefit local residents.
- Work in partnership with other bodies to achieve benefits for the parish.
- Alert relevant authorities to problems that arise or work that needs to be undertaken.
- Help the other tiers of local government keep in touch with their local communities.
Source: Herefordshire Association of Local Councils (HALC)
Powers & Responsibilites from the Herefordshire Council websit