Please go to ‘Neighbourhood Plan’ to read the final report from the Independent Examiner
Please see link to events –http://www.bordergroup-pc.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Commemoration-events-letter-170918.pdf
Do you want to know more about getting online? Please see link below:
498 BUS SERVICE SAVED!
Thanks to pressure from Border Group, Wigmore GPC and Leintwardine GPC this vital link to Leominster and Hereford for local residents has been saved. Thanks must also go to our Ward Cllr Carole Gandy for her support and determination to ensure the continuation of this service. Please remember the more the service is used, the better its chances of survival. Have you considered saving petrol and parking and maybe taking the bus instead?
Financial Year ending March 18
The next meeting of the Parish Council will take place at ADFORTON Village Hall on Tuesday 17th October at 7.30pm.
BGPC usually meets on the third Tuesday of the month, but it doesn’t meet every month. You are more than welcome to attend meetings. Details will be published in Meetings & Agendas.
What is a Parish Council?
Generally the role of a parish council is to improve the quality of community life for their parish and its inhabitants.
- Give views, on behalf of their community, on planning applications and other proposals that affect the parish.
- Undertake projects and schemes that benefit local residents.
- Work in partnership with other bodies to achieve benefits for the parish.
- Alert relevant authorities to problems that arise or work that needs to be undertaken.
- Help the other tiers of local government keep in touch with their local communities.
Source: Herefordshire Association of Local Councils (HALC)
Powers & Responsibilites from the Herefordshire Council website