THIS MEETING MAY BE CANCELLED OR POSTPONED DUE TO THE SNOW.
Update to follow. 12:04 10/12/17
Monday 11 December 2017 : Lingen Village Hall : 7:00pm
an Extraordinary Parish Council meeting has been arranged to consider
P174246/F – Planning Permissionon 14th November 2017 at 12:00 am
Willey Cottage Farm Willey Presteigne Herefordshire LD8 2ND, Proposed erection of an agricultural building for free range egg production with associated feed bins and egg packing and storage building. , Valid […] read more
The Budget for 2018/2019 was set at the November meeting click here to download …
The Parish Council will not meet in December. The next meeting will be on Tuesday 16 January 2018, Brampton Bryan Parish Hall at 7.30pm.
BGPC usually meets on the third Tuesday of the month, but it doesn’t meet every month. You are more than welcome to attend meetings. Details will be published in Meetings & Agendas.
What is a Parish Council?
Generally the role of a parish council is to improve the quality of community life for their parish and its inhabitants.
- Give views, on behalf of their community, on planning applications and other proposals that affect the parish.
- Undertake projects and schemes that benefit local residents.
- Work in partnership with other bodies to achieve benefits for the parish.
- Alert relevant authorities to problems that arise or work that needs to be undertaken.
- Help the other tiers of local government keep in touch with their local communities.
Source: Herefordshire Association of Local Councils (HALC)
Powers & Responsibilites from the Herefordshire Council website